Department of Health urges those 'At-risk' to get vaccinated against Flu
Jan 18, 2013 (M2 PRESSWIRE via COMTEX) --
Isle of Man Government -- The Department of Health would like to remind all those in the 'at-risk' category for flu to get vaccinated, for two reasons:
1. The flu activity in many parts of North America is reported to be high. Several states in the US have reported their levels to be very high and the Pan-American Health Organisation (PAHO) has issued an alert to all healthcare providers to be prepared to deal with an increased work load due to flu.
2. The weather predictions suggest that there will be a 'cold snap' which may last until mid-February. Such cold snaps often lead to increased transmission of flu.
The at-risk categories are those aged 65 and above, those with chronic diseases and immunological problems, and pregnant women.
If you think you have flu:
- Keep away from others, especially those in the 'at-risk' category.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze and dispose of the tissue immediately ('Catch it, Bin it, Kill it').
- Wash your hands regularly.
- If you need medical advice contact your doctor/MEDS by phone.
Department of Health Address: Corporate Services Team Crookall House Demesne Road Douglas Post Code: IM1 3QA Telephone: 01624 685138 Fax: 01624 685008 Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
((M2 Communications disclaims all liability for information provided within M2 PressWIRE. Data supplied by named party/parties. Further information on M2 PressWIRE can be obtained at http://www.presswire.net on the world wide web. Inquiries to email@example.com.
[ Back To WebRTC Solutions's Homepage ]