North & South America Smart Grid Market 2020 Forecasts in a New Research Report at MarketOptimizer.org
(PR Web Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) January 29, 2014
The report “Smart Grid Market in North and South America – Key Issues, Regulations, Current Market Outlook and Key Equipment Market Size to 2020? provides analysis of the North and South American smart grid markets. The report provides information on key equipment such as microgrids, synchrophasors, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), and renewable energy in some of the major countries in the region, along with regional-level analysis for each type of equipment. It also covers key market drivers and restraints and upcoming technologies.
Due to expected infrastructure development prior to the FIFA World Cup, Brazil’s smart meter market revenue will increase more than tenfold, from $36m in 2013 to $432m by 2020, at an impressive Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 43.
Complete report available at http://www.marketoptimizer.org/smart-grid-market-in-north-and-south-america-key-issues-regulations-current-market-outlook-and-key-equipment-market-size-to-2020.
According to the company’s latest report “Smart Grid Market in North and South America – Key Issues, Regulations, Current Market Outlook and Key Equipment Market Size to 2020,” Brazil is leading the way in terms of smart grid investment and development in South America. The main market drivers are the need to upgrade grid reliability and power outages, as well as to improve the integration of renewable energy generation into the system, reducing per-capita power consumption.
Additionally, with power theft reaching as high as 20% in some Brazilian regions, local utilities are currently pursuing investments in smart meters, as the technology provides a simpler way for companies to track such activity.
“Brazil’s National Electric Energy Agency (ANEEL) was expected to mandate the roll-out of smart meters in the country to achieve its objective of better energy efficiency. However, the agency simply defined a set of rules and norms, which indirectly requires the roll-out of smart meters by utilities instead.
“Furthermore, ANEEL has introduced a policy requiring utilities to supply precise geographic information regarding the location of cables, transformers and customer metering points. It is also planning to implement a net metering system, which would enable customers to connect their micro-generation system to the Brazilian power grid with ease.”
However, major market restraints remain in the region, such as bureaucracy and non-transparency, which could harm the protection of investor interest and the enforcement of contracts, according to GlobalData.
This report provides analysis of the North and South American smart grid markets. It also provides information on key equipment such as microgrids, synchrophasors, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), and renewable energy in some of the major countries in the region, along with regional-level analysis for each type of equipment.
• An overview of the smart grid market in North and South America, along with the drivers and restraints and funding scenario in each region
• An overview of the market for key smart grid equipment such as synchrophasors, SCADA, renewable energy generation, microgrid, smart meter and EV
• Coverage of key countries in the region for each market with forecasts until 2020
• In the case of synchrophasors, annual unit sales and market size, until 2020, of the US, Canada, Mexico, and Colombia
• In the case of SCADA, market size and forecasts for the two major markets until 2020: the US and Brazil
• In the case of renewable energy generation, cumulative capacity additions for Mexico, the US, Canada, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, and Peru, from 2006 to 2020
• In the case of smart meter unit installations, the market for the US, Canada and Brazil
• In the case of the EV market, the current scenario in the US and Brazil
• In the case of the microgrid market, US forecasts until 2020
• The current outlook of upcoming technologies such as Outage Management Systems (OMS), Distribution Automation (DA), Virtual Power Plants, cloud computing and smart cities
• Smart grid policies for key countries: the US, Canada, Mexico and Brazil
Buy a report copy at http://www.marketoptimizer.org/contacts/purchase?rname=4821.
Browse more reports on Energy Market Reports at http://www.marketoptimizer.org/category/energy-power/energy.
MarketOptimizer.org, an online database of market research reports, offers in-depth analysis of over 5000 market segments. The library has syndicated reports by leading market research publishers across the globe and also offer customized market research reports for multiple industries.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/america-smart-grid-market/2020-forecast-analysis/prweb11529532.htm
(c) 2014 PRWEB.COM Newswire
[ Back To WebRTC Solutions's Homepage ]