Robust Global Web RTC Growth Forecasted
It is always interesting to see what industry analysts have to say about the future. Truth be known, I am a reformed industry analyst. Reformed in part because I am still smarting from the blowback on my prediction back in 1994 that 1995 was going to be the year of the wireless PBX. Okay, so we all make mistakes. At least I was wrong for the right reasons.
Given how we live in what I have described as “The Age of Acceleration”— where the only constants are change and the speed at which it is increasing—forecasts looking out for long periods of time need to be evaluated through the lens of how fast things are going to change. Hence, they have their limitations.
With the above as context, as a WebRTC Solutions community service, I wanted to make readers aware that Future Market Insights (FMI) is out with a new report, "Web Real-time Communication (RTC) Solution Market: Global Industry Analysis and Opportunity Assessment, 2015–2025". As a frame of reference, particularly for looking at market drivers, the report provides the various segmentation, vendor analyses, and regional adoption rate rationale for a prediction that the global WebRTC solution market will expand at a CAGR of 45.2 percent during the forecast period.
WebRTC Forecast Highlights
As noted, the report segments the industry by service type, deployment model, application and vertical market. A few items of interest include:
- The solution segment accounted for over 50 percent share of the global WebRTC solution market in 2014, and is expected to witness a decline by the end of 2025 as services become more dominant.
- The market is segmented into consulting service, implementation service, integration service and maintenance service.
- Revenue contribution by the maintenance service segment was 9.3 percent in 2014, which is projected to increase to 13.7 percent by the end of 2025 expanding at an anticipated CAGR of 54.0 percent during the forecast period.
- Deployment model includes public cloud, private cloud and hybrid cloud segments. The hybrid cloud segment is anticipated to expand at the highest CAGR of 48.6 percent during the forecast period. In contrast, the private cloud segment is projected to dominate the global WebRTC solution market with 52.6 percent share by the end of 2025.
- Application-wise, the market has been segmented into social networking, gaming, voice calling, video conferencing and others. Among applications, the video conferencing segment dominated the market with 44.3 percent share in 2014 and is projected to continue its dominance, accounting for 50.3 percent share of the overall market by the end of 2025.
The driver list will be familiar to community members. In a nutshell, they stem from the insatiable desire in all markets (B2C, B2B, and C2C) for easy to use, secure multiple media/multimedia instantaneous interactions. On top of this is the explosion of connected devices, applications on those devices which are spurring developer interest, and service provider intent to capture in value-added revenues.
2025 in tech time is a very long way off. Consider where we were with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc., in 2005. However, with that as caveat, having a frame of reference for thinking about what comes next can be useful.
Edited by Kyle Piscioniere